Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peyton is getting worse, what is it?!?! (February)

Now that we realized that Peyton was really sick it was time for us to call his pediatrician (whom we love, by the way). His Pediatrician was out that week, so we saw another ped in the office on a Wednesday. He was convinced that it was a stomach bug, but wanted to run stool samples for parasites and bacterial infections since Peyton had not had a fever associated with any of this.

After his appointment, we took him back to Lisa for daycare the rest of the day. She was so gracious to help us if Peyton pooped! She got lucky that day with the poop! But Peyton did vomit while there that day. That night he only got worse. Every time he ate or had some Pedialyte he would get sick. He didn't sleep well either. We were up with him all night.

Thursday while at Lisa's he got sick again and started to spike a fever. She was able to get some poop for me! So I called the peds office and they wanted to see him that day with the new added symptoms. We saw yet another ped in the office who was wonderful. She checked him over, ran a strep test, looked for ear infection. Everything she could think of. She came up empty on everything so she figured that on top of the other problems he now also had a flu bug.

The next 24hrs was awful. I had to give him one teaspoon of Pedialyte every 15 min. and monitor is fever, and he would not sleep, and just wanted to be held. The doctor called on Friday to see how he was doing. She let me know that if he still had a fever and/or throwing up Saturday to take him to urgent care.

We didn't make it to Saturday. Two hours after he went to bed, 10:30 he woke up screaming. He had spiked a temp again, this time up to 105, and was puking. Lucky me also got a call from my mother at this time as well. Her dog Cassie would not come in the house and she was worried, was there any way I could get the kids in the car (Mark was at work, I was by myself with the kiddos) and help her get the dog in. In theory it was perfect, I could drop Carter off with Grammy, get the dog in and take Peyton to the ER. So I call Mark, he is able to leave work, yet it would take him about an hour to hour and a half to get back to the station and then to the hospital.

I loaded the boys up, headed to my mom's, both boys were awake the 15 min. it took to get there. When I pulled in the drive, Cassie heard me and wanted to come in. So one goal accomplished. Got Carter out of the car, figured he'd go back to sleep, nope! He started hysterically crying to the point of throwing up all over Grammy's sofa. Had to change him, luckily I had extra PJ's in the car. Decided it was best to just take Carter with us to the ER since Mark was going to be there too.

By the time we got to the ER, Peyton was acting like nothing was wrong. He still had a little fever though. It was determined he was dehydrated and also had an ear infection. They got him hydrated and a good dose of meds in him for the ear and he slept the rest of the night (got home at about 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment